Friday, May 25, 2012

Coffee Cup Biographies

Last night was the showcase for the Teaching American History grant in which I participated this year. One of the middle school teachers (Katherine Rand) showed off a fun project that I am going to try to incorporate into my classroom next year when we study the New Deal. Basically students create sleeves for coffee cups that tell all about the person or event. This teacher had them do biographies of the presidents. I am attaching photos that I took so that you can see the finished product.


She was able to get Starbucks to donate the coffee cups in exchange for a display and big thank you sign after the project's completion. This looks like it would really engage the students and I think would be useful for any grade level. Thanks Katherine for sharing it will all of us!

1 comment: